- Enjoy art and design and develop increased confidence and control over the processes involved;
- Experiment with different media to understand their potential, to become familiar with their characteristics and to develop competency when working with them;
- Understand basic principles and ideas in Art and Design; mixing colour, exploring pattern and texture, exploring the use of 2D and 3D shape and form, experimenting with line and tone;
- Respond positively and with understanding to the diversity of Art and Design across different cultures, times and styles;
- Are provided with the opportunity to work collaboratively;
- Develop the ability to observe and examine the world about them and to be excited by it;
- Develop an ability to evaluate and modify the process and the end product of their work and the work of others.